Saturday 21 May 2011

OUGD104 - Evaluation

OUGD104 End of Module Evaluation

BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN - LEVEL 4 
Module Code - OUGD104
Module Title – Visual Language
End of Module Self Evaluation
Name - Mitch Weaver
Blog - http://m-weaver1013.blogspot.com/

1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

Visual Language has been essential to my learning process throughout the year, I've been able to understand the basis and foundries of what Graphic Design can be. Layout, colour, form are the elements which I have taken and tried to incorporate throughout my own understanding, oh what design is.

2. What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?  

I've been able to understand that research isn't just a few bits of information and images that you think relate to your work. It's about actually implementing an effect across your own work. Taking something useful and making it visually appealing. This is has definitely helped me see how I should be approaching a project.


3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?  

From my work I think my biggest strength is definitely in my Illustration. It's something I'm constantly improving on and working on the most effective way to apply it to design. Throughout the set of posters I have created you can see a clear sense of contrast across each design.

4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully? 

Well, there's always a few consistent weaknesses throughout any of my work I do, this is something that I can continuously keep improving over the next 2 years. Time management, research and getting a wider range of ideas are my biggest downfalls. The only way to improve is keep trying.

5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these? 

1 - Draw, draw, draw more. Don't get too tied down into one idea.
2 - Experiment with colour. I seem to always result to monochrome, guess I like it.
3 - Manage my work time more effectively, better results.
4 - Use a wider range of media, not just the ordinary.
5 - Keeping pushing the boundaries of the brief, don't let it dictate your final outcome.

6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance


X


Punctuality


X


Motivation



X

Commitment



X

Quantity of work produced


X


Quality of work produced


X


Contribution to the group


X


No comments:

Post a Comment