Module Code: OUGD102
Module Title: Design Process
Name: Mitch WeaverBlog Address: http://m-weaver1013.blogspot.com/
1. What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them ?
Throughout this module I have learned a number of different skills and more efficient ways of working. By having a large amount of time to research,collect and organise information into a rage of categories, it gave me a chance to find and solve essentially the problem I was looking at. However I don't think I have used them effectively in my approach to design work. The collection 100 project caught me out with my biggest weakness, research and development, which unfortunately held me back for a long period of time.
2. What approaches to/methods of research have you developed and how have they informed your development process ?
By collecting primary and secondary research, quantitive and qualitative I was able to understand a thorough approach to data collection and how much I actually needed to do. Asking people first hand proved taxing, as I did not allow myself to push to an effective approach od dealing with the research.
3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise these ?
I think my one and only strength was keeping at what I was doing. Although I knew it was hard and found it difficult to pull through at times, I knew I would eventually come up with a final idea and appropriate approach to dealing with the brief. I feel this brief has still not been fulfilled to my potential and I aim to continue it through time.
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully ?
Development and research have to my biggest weakness and seem to create a mind block in most projects. I know this is something I need to majorly improve on and collection 100 has made me realise this fully. You can only learn from your mistakes and I now know not fall into this trap again.
5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these ?
- Research! Research! Research!
- Develop ALL of my ideas.
- Use my time wisely, don't fall into bad habits.
- Pick a broader subject matter.
- Not to rush to finish work.
6. How would you grade yourself in the following areas:
- 5 = excellent 4 = very good 3 = good 2 = average 1 = poor
Quantity of Work Produced: 1
Quality of Work Produced: 3
Contribution to the group: 3