Monday 17 September 2012

No Goss! - Leeds / Live Art Show

-

Last weekend I participated in a live art event at the independent No Gloss! film festival alongside local artists ( CBLOXX, Jaypee, Diaz57and Gx2 ) The theme of the piece was to create a visual illustration that related around the content of a chosen film. Although the actual venue was slightly small, it still managed to pack a good crowd. The majority of the people to turn up, were obviously there for the films. But that aside, it was nice to see people turning up for the art.

Anyway, my piece was based around a film called Scarecrow by James Arden. The overall impression and feel I got from the short film was an extremely mellow, morbid and instinctively depressing. Taking that, and visual aspects from the production. I began to start a piece of work that reflects not only personally but represents a context in which the audience could relate to.


After the artists had finished their pieces, they were put up to auction. Where people from the festival could place an amount that they felt fitting to the artwork. What I did not expect at all was for someone to bid on some of my work and how much they wanted to pay for it. £70 is the current bid, and I am still a bit overwhelmed. More so the fact someone that has never seen any of my work before, thinks that it is worth so much. 



No comments:

Post a Comment